Emergency Dentist Arlington
Your Smile Deserves Urgent Dental Care
When faced with an unexpected oral issue, it’s important that you know where to go and who to turn to in times of crisis. Because your smile deserves urgent dental care, you can count on our team at Collins St Dental of Arlington to see you the same day, after hours, or on the weekends. Using specialized restorative dentistry services to provide prompt and effective treatment, our Arlington emergency dentists are ready to handle the situation and alleviate the pain so that you can enjoy a swift recovery. Make sure to call our office if you or a loved one is suffering from any kind of dental emergency.
Why Choose Collins St Dental of Arlington for Emergency Dentistry?
- We’re Here Whenever Our Patients Need Us
- High-Quality Tooth Replacement Options Available
- Nitrous Oxide Sedation Used When Needed
How We Treat Dental Emergencies
Treating a dental emergency requires that you first call our dental office. Based on how serious the injury is, we will decide how quickly you should come in for treatment. If you are experiencing any pain, we can offer helpful tips to minimize discomfort in the meantime. Once in our office, we will help to get you out of pain as quickly as possible by taking digital images of your teeth and performing a complete examination of your smile. After confirming our results and establishing a treatment plan, we will begin to target the problem area so that you are no longer experiencing an emergency but instead, feel better about your oral health and appearance.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
Collin St Dental of Arlington is pleased to be able to take care of many of the most common dental emergencies. While the ER is a great place for broken/fractured jaws, excessive bleeding, and continuous swelling, other, less serious issues can be dealt with at your local dentist’s office. Feel free to review the kinds of cases we see and what you can do to take care of your teeth while waiting for your appointment.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
Many different factors determine the cost of dental emergencies. While many patients assume it’s too costly to see a dentist for urgent dental care, the worst thing you can do is avoid treatment. Instead, the price of your initial visit is unlikely to incur much of a cost, especially if you have dental insurance. This is why we will work closely with you and your insurance company to maximize your available benefits so that you spend less out of pocket while walking away with a fully restored smile.
Keys to Preventing Dental Emergencies
No smile is fully protected from dental emergencies. Accidents happen, and your dentists know that; however, there are steps you can take to safeguard your pearly whites year after year. These might include:
- Brushing your teeth twice each day for two full minutes as well as flossing at least once a day and rinsing with an antimicrobial mouthwash to flush out any remaining bacteria.
- Giving up unhealthy habits that can damage your teeth, such as smoking and using tobacco products, eating ice, chewing on inanimate objects, and biting your fingernails.
- Eating a healthy diet that contains less sugar and starch and more leafy greens, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins.
- Wearing a customized nightguard or sportsguard to protect your teeth from damage on the field or while in bed.
- Seeing your dentist every six months for regular dental exams and professional teeth cleanings.